Whilst the TWD meal plans are not seasonal, or specific to any type of food e.g. cold foods, hot foods etc. There are ways you can adjust the plan for when it's cold and you want to eat food that is a little warmer.
We have some tips below on how to make your meal plan more suited for Winter.
- You can substitute foods easily on the menu plans, try substituting types of foods. For example, if you have a salad with a few different types of vegetables, substitute that for other vegetables and roast, grill, or steam them to make it a warm meal instead.
- Make some meal swaps or search in the recipe finder for some key words like "roast", "soup", "warm". Using key words to find warm meals/recipes suited for the colder months can provide a range of different recipes to choose from.
- Search through our wide variety of soups in the recipe finder (search 'soup') and make some of those. You can then freeze them and store them for later, heating them up when days get cold.
- Remember that beverages like tea, black coffee and cocoa are free foods. Add some milk and warm those up as well when it gets a little colder.
- You could for example cook something that can be raw or cooked e.g. if a breakfast has raw oats you could cook them and warm them up instead.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com