Resistance exercise includes 'pushing' 'pulling' or 'lifting' activities, in which the muscles work against some form of resistance to overcome an opposing force. The resistance can be provided by body weight (e.g. push-ups), hand-held weights - free weights (e.g. dumbbells), or pushing or pulling using machines as resistance - fixed weights.
Resistance exercises include:
- Weight training e.g. bicep curl with dumbbell
- Calisthenics or body weight exercises such as push-ups, squats, or lunges.
- Gymnastics or plyometric exercises (hopping bounding e.g. jump squats
- Some styles of Yoga / pilates
- Weight-bearing gym classes such as F45, CrossFit or Les Mills Pump
- Water resistance e.g. swimming
Resistance Exercise Plan
We currently offer a Resistance Exercise Plan. You can change your exercise plan at any time. To do this select > Settings > My Profile > Change Exercise plan preferences.
You will automatically be put into week 1 of the new exercise program.