Resistance exercise includes 'pushing' 'pulling' or 'lifting' activities, in which the muscles work against some form of resistance. The resistance can be provided by body weight (eg push-ups), hand-held weights (eg dumbbells), or pushing or pulling using machines as resistance.
Resistance exercises include:
- Lifting weights at a gym or at home
- Calisthenics or body weight exercises such as push-ups, squats, or lunges.
- Gymnastics or plyometric exercises
- Some styles of Yoga / pilates
- Weight-bearing gym classes such as F45, CrossFit or Les Mills Pump
- Household or gardening type chores that involve lifting, carrying or digging.
Resistance Exercise Plan
We currently offer a Resistance Exercise Plan. You can change your exercise plan at any time. To do this select > Settings > My Profile > Change Exercise plan preferences.
You will automatically be put into week 1 of the new exercise program.